You can order your repeat medication by visiting our Prescriptions and Medicines Centre.
Please note that repeat prescriptions will be ready within 3 working days at the present time – we apologise for any inconvenience.
Ways of ordering your repeat medication
Repeat prescriptions will usually be ready within 2 working days. Prescriptions can be requested either online or by leaving your requests in the prescription box at each of our surgeries, emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post, via your usual pharmacy or by using our online services.
- Requests for acute medication have to be authorised by your GP so may take longer.
- Prescriptions will need to be requested a few days early if there is a Bank Holiday.
- Monthly medication can be requested up to 7 days prior to it running out.
Please note that we do not take prescription requests over the telephone or offer a same day service.
Registering for online services
To register for our online services, which includes ordering repeat medication and viewing certain parts of your medical record, ask a receptionist or complete our online services registration form. When you return the completed form you will be required to provide two forms of current ID (photo ID and proof of address, i.e. a driving licence, that has a photo and the address, or a passport along with a bank statement or utility bill).
Electronic Prescription Service
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from. If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
You can register for the EPS Service online.
Electronic prescriptions will help save the NHS money.
Read more about EPS on the NHS website.
POD (Prescription Ordering Direct)
The NHS prescription ordering direct (POD) service is an easy way for you to order your repeat prescription online or by telephone.
The NHS POD is operated by NHS Norfolk and Waveney CCG and has dedicated handlers, trained to take requests for repeat prescriptions. If you are a patient registered with this practice you can contact the NHS POD to order your repeat medication.
To allow a representative to order repeat medication on your behalf via the POD, please complete the Third Party Consent – NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) form and return to your GP practice for addition to your records.
This service is for repeat medication. Requests will not be taken for acute medication or urgent prescriptions.
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 7 days of medication left
- If you have a build-up of medication, please let the POD know, so that they can adjust the quantities so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order ‘just in case’. If you need medication in the future then you will be able to request it
- Let the POD know if you have stopped taking any of your medication
Please visit www.nwccgpod.co.uk and complete the electronic form to order your repeat medication.
Telephone lines are open between 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and bank holidays).